Welcome to Pretivm!
We are Pretivm – headquartered in Vancouver, BC. Pretivm owns and operates Brucejack, a high-grade underground gold mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia. We have an office and warehouse in Smithers, BC as well as 3 camps located on our Brucejack property.
As an employer of choice and having been featured as one of BC's Top Employers for 2022, we are committed to our values – ensuring a safe, respectful, and diverse working environment. We value teamwork and integrity and are working closely with our neighbors, the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
Brucejack is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has Proven and Probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years. Resource expansion drilling is ongoing and we have a large land package where we conduct grass roots exploration in the summer months.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol “PVG”.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
The Electrical General Foreman’s primary responsibility is to manage, organize and develop plans for the construction, fabrication, build and installation of all electrical & control systems infrastructure at the Brucejack Mine with a focus on day-to-day construction efforts of electrical systems, equipment as well as servicing ancillary areas within Brucejack Mine. This position is also responsible for pre-commissioning and support for commissioning and start-up operations.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Proactively leads personnel in Pretivm’s safety program and promote the “Courage to Care” culture
- Responsible for overseeing the work of Sub Contractor Electricians in support Heavy Shop Construction and related supporting facilities contractors set priorities on a daily and weekly basis
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with Electrical Codes, Pretivm’s Health & Safety policies, HSRC WorkSafeBC regulations.
- The candidate must have a good working knowledge of the CEC (Canadian Electrical Code) and M-421 (The Use of Electricity in Mines Regulation)
- Experience with different types of PLC systems such as Modicon, AB, etc.… would be an asset
- Experience with DCS such as Emerson systems, ABB or Honeywell would be an asset
- Experience with various VFD’s, Soft starters, Low and Medium Voltage systems
- Experience in a Mill and Underground environment
- Experience with various metering and control systems typically used in milling operations.
- Keep abreast of advances in technology in the electrical fields and seek opportunities to apply them where appropriate
- Research, select and purchase suitable electrical components/controls and ensure warehouse is stocked with appropriate replacement parts to ensure continuous, uninterrupted service
- Monitor and follow-up with the mine and contractor personnel to ensure that plans, priorities, and schedules are on track
- Evaluate system efficiencies and recommend changes to ensure that targets and deadlines are met
- Ensures that information on safety, budget/cost control, planning/scheduling, policies, procedures, and contract administration is communicated to relevant management personnel
- Have experience in preventative maintenance philosophies such as RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) would be an asset.
- Other duties as required.
Electrical certificate with Red Seal plus ten (10) years’ experience managing & supervising the construction, fabrication, build and installation of electrical systems in a mining or industrial environment is required.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Demonstrated Management abilities in both technical and operational settings
- Experience working and interacting with government regulators/inspectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- Computer software skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets etc.)
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 on 13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment utilizing mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!