Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. Through being the most innovative, capable and accountable diamond drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports a global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win/win/win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 70 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling challenges that may arise.
If you’re a self-driven, detail-oriented individual looking to start your career in Health and Safety, the EHS & Training Administrative Assistant position with Hy-Tech Drilling could be the perfect opportunity for you! We’re currently seeking an a new team member to help support our Environmental Health and Safety, and Training Department.
- Assists with development and maintenance of Environmental Health & Safety Systems.
- Works with the EHS Team to develop and update job specific safety materials.
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating and adhering to safety policies.
- Assists with facilitation of Hazard ID Programs.
- Tracks and collects required documentation, along with training certifications for new hires and current employees, i.e., OCC applications, first aid certifications etc.
- Assists with updating departmental training resources.
- Active role in OH&S Committee.
- Updating employee training records.
- Participation in both internal and external safety audits.
- A competitive wage based on your qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package (100% employer paid!)
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Opportunities for learning and development within our growing organization.
- Family access to the Bulkley Valley Recreation Centre.
This position is based out of the Company Headquarters in Smithers, BC.
- Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, corresponding with hours of work required in the branch location.
- There will also be some requirement to be available after hours and on weekend during busy times.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Prior experience in a dynamic administrative environment is preferred.
- Prior experience in a Health and Safety role is considered an asset.
- Proficient computer skills and a thorough understanding of Microsoft Suite and database software.
- Professionalism and high-quality standards.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and provide a current Drivers Abstract annually.
- Perceive the bigger picture; tailoring your actions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work independently and as part of a team, developing strong relationships.
- Prevent and eliminate problems.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- To be a positive ambassador for Hy-Tech.