Company Background and Culture
Geotech/Tahltech Drilling is a dynamic international drilling company headquartered in Prince George, Vernon & Delta. We are actively hiring Experienced Exploration Drill Assistants and Support Staff for camp based programs in the mountains of beautiful BC and the arctic tundra of Nunavut.
Geotech owns and operates state-of-the-art drilling equipment throughout western Canada. Geotech is one of the larger exploration and geotechnical Drilling companies in Canada, with a fleet of over 50 rigs. One of the large advantages Geotech has over its competition are the long-term contracts in place and the option to expand into other divisions to maintain a diversified skill set. JOIN us today!
For more information on Geotech, visit our website at https://www.geotechdrilling.com.
- Continuously prepare and supply the driller with tooling and materials necessary to maintain the drilling operations.
- Handle drill rods and casing, core tubes and core samples.
- Maintain and organize appropriate inventory levels of necessary materials, supplies and tooling for the drill rig and support vehicles.
- Assist the Driller, client and other team members where required.
- Regular and repetitive lifts of 50-90 lbs.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Must have a Class 5 Driver's Licence or higher.
- Preference will be given to those with a Class 3 or Air Brake Endorsement.
- Have 1-3 years experience in the drilling industry.
- Have the mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair small equipment.
- Complete and pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
- Have experience working in the field, in remote and/or varied weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
At Geotech, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development and education.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.