Consultants at ERM lead and contribute to successful consulting engagements, support marketing and business management, and actively contribute to the internal growth and development of our team, our systems, and our culture. Collaborating closely with Managing Consultants, Consultants typically focus on a particular ERM advisory service area but can adapt to support other areas when needed – versatility and cross-fertilization across business lines is an important factor underlying ERM’s success.
The Consultant, Northern Regimes will focus on projects related to Canada’s North, including within the four Inuit regions and across and across Canada’s territories. There is an opportunity to support a wide range of projects that target strengthened socio-economic performance and sustainability development. You work is expected to include supporting existing consulting relationships as well as the development of new opportunities.
The Consultant, Northern Regimes is responsible for:
- Assisting with the design, planning, delivering, and reporting on meetings, workshops and stakeholder engagement sessions as well as providing support on virtual meeting platforms.
- Contributing to successful completion of consulting engagements by creating background materials, conducting research and literature reviews, and participating in data collection activities such as interviews and surveys.
- Contributing to business development and marketing activities in the firm through conducting research on client needs, preparing marketing materials, and participating in proposal preparation.
- Thinking critically and strategically, helping to influence the impact of our work and the outcomes for our clients.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
ERM offers a truly impactful work experience with opportunities to grow, lead and contribute to areas that matter to you.
- Your impact may be felt personally – leading a project from start to finish, or through working as part of a bright, dynamic team with a good work-life balance.
- You will impact the ability of ERM’s clients to deliver on their mandates. We work with a wide variety of organizations whose work can significantly enhance or impede sustainability and our collective pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Your work at ERM will help them shape and better fulfil their important visions.
If you have a passion for natural resource management and social-economic initiatives, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to collaborate with an expert consulting team on interesting projects. Our clients span a wide range of corporate, government and non-government clients— we help them achieve positive and tangible social, environmental, and economic impact. As a team, we are shaping a sustainable future with the world’s leading organizations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in a discipline related to natural resource management, sustainability or Indigenous studies
- Some relevant work experience within the resource management, sustainability, or social performance space would be an asset
- Some relevant work experience with policy, planning, strategic advice, facilitation, engagement, research and analysis would be highly desirable
- Some relevant experience working with Indigenous peoples or organizations would be an asset
- Previous consulting experience is highly desirable
Skills and Attributes
ERM is looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Initiative as demonstrated by a willingness to take on new tasks, promote new initiatives and seek clarification where necessary (i.e., regarding assigned tasks)
- Interpersonal and communication skills (in speaking and in writing), as evidenced by clear and respectful communications with colleagues and clients
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience working both independently and as a team member
- An ability to conduct research (e.g., web-based, literature, surveys and/or interviews), analyze data and present results in a clear and concise manner
- Project management skills and experience would be an asset
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.