Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Construction Planner/Administration’s primary responsibility is to assist the Construction Management Team with coordination with contractors on Manpower schedule, LEMS, Travel Schedules, Materials Deliveries as well as assist with the planning and project control support for all Construction projects.
The Construction Planner/Administrator will collaborate with Operations Team members to support the continued development of Brucejack Mine. The Construction Planner/Administrator is responsible for ensuring all responsibilities are carried out in a safe working environment, in accordance with the operational standard practices and quality.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Prepare Manpower schedules
- Present Manpower and travel schedules
- Aid with Written Construction QC Documentation/ Review and proper filing
- Review and Confirm quantities, equipment requirements, workforce/contractor loading and scheduling
- Data entry for KPI’s
- Assisting with quotes, materials, and cost tracking of Business Partner LEMS
- Assist in the coordination of Construction activities between the 3 Projects ongoing at of the Brucejack mine and Knipple Transfer Station as well as track personal and equipment movements
- Attend weekly planning meetings and advise on discrepancies with execution planning
- Review and input to indirect plans to ensure alignment with direct Operation and project requirements
- Review, update and provide input into reporting of labor, materials cost and schedule reporting involved in the execution of the project to management
- Review and input to training matrix, training scheduling, timesheets, and schedule
- Review budgeted person-hours for direct and indirect project activities and advise on any discrepancies
- Assist with the updating of pertinent HSE documentation
- Assist with onboarding and scheduling of contractors
- Track, file, and assist with Daily Incident reports
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Experience working in remote worksite locations as well as considerable experience coordinating operational daily work activities is required. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working and interacting with operations and construction contractors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- Computer software skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets etc.)
- Work at remote camp location on 13 days on and13 days off rotation, 12 hour days
- Work in close quarters with team members
- Must pass the employment medical screening process
- Work in extreme weather conditions and at elevated heights
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!