Welcome to Pretivm!
We are Pretivm – headquartered in Vancouver, BC. Pretivm owns and operates Brucejack, a high-grade underground gold mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia. We have an office and Warehouse in Smithers, BC as well as 3 camps located on our Brucejack property.
Brucejack is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has Proven and Probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years. Resource expansion drilling is ongoing and we have a large land package where we conduct grass roots exploration in the summer months.
As an employer of choice we are committed to our values – ensuring a safe, respectful, and diverse working environment. We value teamwork and integrity and are working closely with our neighbors, the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol “PVG”.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
Under the Construction Director supervision with Brucejack Health and Safety assistance. The Health and Safety Advisor assesses and controls hazards to health and safety in the workplace. They inspect workplaces to ensure compliance with government standards for health systems, pollution control, handling and storage of hazardous substances, and safety in the workplace.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Participate in planning, coordination, auditing and advise Construction Management Team through projects execution.
- Review incident reports for completeness and enter into the incident report database and obtain signatures on the original incident report.
- Record corrective actions and e-mail those actions out to the responsible person. Follow up on corrective actions that have not been closed out on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assist with Contract Management by responding to emails and filling out the safety checklist.
- Assist in the delivery of site safety inductions for employees and contractors (as needed) and assist in the development of departmental orientations and ensure content is continuously updated to address risks/changes/improvements.
- Participate in the development of the H&S Management Systems, understanding the relative value, interpreting results, and advising staff on how to improve H&S performance.
- Provide support to Pretivm Construction management, staff and various site contractors and vendors in the interpreting and applying H&S policies, regulations and legislation.
- Work with the H&S Advisors and Training Coordinators in the development of training and awareness programs for the sites Industrial Hygiene, Air Quality Monitoring Program and MSD Prevention Program.
- Assist in organizing site training documents, training hours, update training manager and matrix for employees and contractors.
- Maintain electronic spreadsheets related to incident investigations, action tracking and H&S related data.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adherence to all applicable legislation, standards and guidelines, and influence the adoptions of standards where applicable.
- Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) inspections and meetings.
- Assist in the development of a workplace inspection program, and when available conduct inspections and identity opportunities for safety improvements.
- Other duties as required
- The successful candidate would have a professional certification in Health and Safety from a recognized establishment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an H&S Administration role, with knowledge and experience in Health and Safety issues.
- Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- General knowledge of Mining, processing activities, and construction activities
- General knowledge of BC Mines Regulations and WorkSafeBC, OHS regulations
- Knowledge of incident investigation and root cause analysis
- General knowledge of Emergency Response, first aid, mine rescue, &/or firefighting
- Ability to deliver site orientation/training to large groups
- Exceptionally strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs
- Previous database experience is preferred
- Knowledge of health & safety management systems and techniques
- General knowledge of high-risk activities such equipment lockout, confined spaces, work at heights, hot work, heavy equipment, rigging
- Self-starter with good organization skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13-days on/13-days off rotation/2 days Travel
- Working in an office setting 30% of the time
- Working on the field setting 70% of the time
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over a 12-hour shift
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Must be able to lift loads up to 10 kg (items such as tool boxes or small boxes full of materials)
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!