Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Category Specialist to join our Vancouver Regional Office, with the availability to work within a hybrid working model. The purpose of the role is to strategically procure, deliver and manage goods, services, and construction that contribute to Newcrest’s Vision and foundations of Safety, Performance and People.
- Supporting the Safety Management System ensuring a safety-first work culture
- Ensuring adequate pro-active monitoring to maintain a safe work environment
- Taking a proactive risk management approach to departmental tasks, i.e., recognise, analyse, respond to ensure risks are at an acceptable level
- Ensuring appropriate controls exist in the contractor management environment to ensure contractors on site understand and comply with the sites Safety Management System
- Support regular visible field safety activities and interventions to maintain a positive and proactive safety presence
- Develop category and sourcing strategies to support regional objectives and asset level commitments that maximise cost reduction opportunities while supporting key operational objectives
- Implement category and sourcing strategies, negotiating and facilitating favourable commercial agreements to optimise outcomes
- Deliver strategic procurement of contracts for assigned group of categories and subcategories in line with regional priorities and objectives
- Support the end-to-end Contracting & Procurement processes in line with Newcrest practices and standards
- Maintain business intelligence of market conditions and external risks and opportunities.
- Practice a proactive approach to the selection and management of suppliers across safety, sustainability, and social performance objectives
- Execute contract management and supplier relationship management including but not limited to, supplier created value and innovation programs, as well as tracking and improving supplier performance
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Five to eight years of procurement and strategic sourcing experience, with progressive responsibilities throughout your career, commensurate with the scope and size of this role
- Relevant post-secondary qualifications in Business, Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal or Supply Chain;
- Membership and accreditation from Canadian or International discipline organizations highly desirable (CIPS, PMAC…etc.)
- Identify and manage risk
- High degree of commercial acumen with deep understanding of contract and procurement strategies
- Expertise in delivery of multiple projects and programs, the development and deployment of high value sourcing/category strategies and negotiations
- Supplier relationship management including claims prevention and dispute management
- SAP and Ariba experience highly preferred
- Experience with First Nation Communities and businesses is desirable
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!