Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for a Camp Travel and Accommodation Supervisor with a competitive salary between $95,000-$120,000 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 15%.
The Camp Travel and Accommodation Supervisor will oversee and support the on-site and remote Travel and Accommodations Administrative team as well as participate in vendor contractor management and RFP processes. They will ensure proper communication for the efficient transportation of people via road and air to and from the mine site, including coordination with bus companies, airlines, and helicopter companies. In addition, they will be responsible for the appropriate organization of site accommodations and reservations All tasks will be carried out with confidentiality, and commitment to following all Fatality Risk Management standards while maintaining a psychologically safe workplace.
Perform the following duties with fatality risk management being the number one priority:
- Supervise and lead the Camp Travel and Accommodations team.
- Oversee room bookings and travel, ensure these services are provided efficiently, effectively, and with best possible service to site staff.
- Coordinate the assignment of efficient site reservations.
- Manage the reservation system, and vendor while providing training to staff.
- Ensure vendors are meeting KPI’s through detailed tracking and monthly KPI meetings.
- Manage forecasting of accommodations needs and demands through engagement with other departments to ensure a proper strategy is in place to maximize the utilization of company resources.
- Compile and maintain summary data of asset utilization for reporting purposes to help inform camp management on decision making (summary of helicopter utilization/mins, summary of bunkhouse accommodation levels etc.…)
- Verify inbound and outbound travel manifests for bus and charter transportation.
- Ensure effective communication and transfer of information to employees, bus, shuttle and charter companies in a timely manner and oversee daily personnel transfers to/from site.
- Collaborate and communicate with all functional teams onsite.
- Accurately monitor and track KPI’s for all transportation and reservation system vendors used by the camp services department.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with staff and contractors to ensure a constructive and cooperative working environment.
- Scheduling of department staff to ensure full coverage, submission of bi-weekly payroll.
- Provide training, mentoring in a psychologically safe environment for a diverse workforce.
- Facilitate feel safe, upstander, and fatality risk management training for direct reports and site wide when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Positions requirements include but are not limited to:
- Ability to complete upon hire BC Ministry of Mines Supervisor Certificate.
- Significant experience in managing team and individual accountability through mentorship.
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining an open and positive attitude in difficult situations.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people by air or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Skilled in the use of programs such as Office 365, reservations software, managing files and records on SharePoint, designing forms, and other office responsibilities.
- Experience using SAP.
- Experienced in vendor management and networking.
- Excellent command of the English language with strong verbal and business writing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced evolving environment where no day is the same.
- Demonstrated time management and decision-making skills.
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work and live in close quarters with the team.
- Newmont promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.