Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst, Procurement to join our Vancouver Regional Office.
The successful candidate will support the Regional Procurement team by providing various types of analysis (Market, Historical Spend, Forecasted Spend…etc.), performance metrics and assistance to the Lead, Governance.
Demonstrate absolute commitment and leadership in providing a safe working environment by:
- Supporting the Safety Management System ensuring a safety-first work culture
- Ensuring adequate pro-active monitoring to maintain a safe work environment
- Taking a proactive risk management approach to departmental tasks, i.e., recognise, analyse, respond to ensure risks are at an acceptable level
- Support regular visible safety activities and interventions to maintain a positive and proactive safety presence
- Identify, define and conduct strategic, quantitative, and qualitative analyses for improving profitability, scalability and efficiency objectives as it relates to category management and operational performance
- Draw conclusions and recommendations from analyses performed, and assist management and Category team and, in the development, and delivery of reports and presentations
- Develop financial models, analytical tools and business cases to support Category team
- Develop, maintain and report various reports and dashboards to track operational performances in PowerBI or other similar reporting tools
- Actively work with cross functional business units to ensure data taxonomy/naming convention standards are followed and assist with inquiries
- Identify and develop business process requirements, outputs, inputs, steps, and technology interfaces, roles and responsibilities and stakeholders
- Demonstrate leadership with the highest professional and ethical standards ensuring all actions are transparent in accordance with Newcrest policy
- Promote a region-wide, team-based culture between employees, departments, and external partners
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Commerce, or related degree
- 3-5 years of experience working for a large consulting firm as a business analyst doing similar work, particularly as it relates to Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Spend analysis or Category Management
- Comprehensive understanding of Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and associated software (SAP and Ariba) including an in-depth understanding of Ariba P2P, Contracts, Sourcing and Analysis (reporting) processes
- In-depth knowledge experience of Ariba on Demand modules/concepts and configurations
- Advanced analytical skills with experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating abundant information with accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and analytical tools including Microsoft Power BI in a professional environment
- Previous experience with Logistics and Materials Management, Supply Chain or similar
- Project Management experience or similar
- Experience in contract administration and/or management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!