Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; And help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Bus Driver to join the Brucejack Team in northern British Columbia. This position is located at Newcrest's Brucejack Mine, with coverage onsite as required. The shuttle bus driver’s primary report is to the Surface Operations Supervisor/Superintendent.
The successful candidate are responsible for safely transporting employees, contractors and guests to and from site on a radio controlled off highway resource access road. Drivers must have good communication skills both oral and written to interact with fellow drivers, maintenance team, operations team and passengers. Commitment, patience, maturity and initiative are required qualities.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Drive safely, responsibly and be prepared for all road conditions.
- Respect fellow employees, and equipment
- Pre and post trip checks of the unit each time it is used, emphasis on ensuring adequate fluid levels and safe operation.
- Complete all applicable paperwork required.
- Maintain radio contact and use proper radio protocol.
- Manage passenger behavior by quickly and effectively solving problems.
- Communicate with dispatch at your scheduled time, prepared and ready to go.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shuttle bus.
- Complete, submit and communicate all pre-trips for all defects.
- Must attend required safety meetings and other training sessions.
- Report unsafe conditions and use safe work procedures.
- Educate all passengers each trip as to specific safety details of the vehicles – ie- exits, first aid kits, spill kits, seat belt usage etc.
- Report all injuries.
- Transport samples to and from other operational sites
- Cooperate with the employer through involvement in all aspects of health and safety management systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum Class 2 with air endorsement driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract. Class 1 driver’s license preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience driving appropriately classed vehicles.
- Able to load cargo.
- Must be capable of driving a variety of lighter vehicles. Pickups, vans etc.
- Organized, punctual and reliable.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Calm, pleasant, and helpful manner
- Excellent driving skills and habits
- Ability to communicate effectively with all parties
- Follow OH&S regulations regarding reporting of unsafe conditions.
- Correct unsafe conditions.
- Make suggestions.
- Comply with applicable regulations and policies.
- Know where registration, inspection and collision reporting document papers are located.
- Make sure you are well rested.
- Driver must carry their license with them when on duty.
- Must be willing to drive in extreme and varying weather conditions that may include heavy snow and rain.
- Must be able to adjust to driving in varying weather conditions snow, mud, dust, rain.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance up to and over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Our Commitment to You
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!