Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for a Bus Driver/Heavy Equipment Operator with a competitive wage of $51.20 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 10%.
The successful candidate will be responsible for safely transporting employees, contractors, and guests to and from site on a radio controlled off highway resource access road. This position ensures all equipment and safety guidelines are maintained to high industry standards.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Responsible for safely operating passenger busses, tandem axle, tridem axle trucks, heavy haul C500’s.
- Operation of multiple pieces of heavy equipment including, Graders, Loaders, Rock trucks and excavators.
- Participate in Prestart meetings.
- Preoperational inspection of vehicles, preventative maintenance of vehicles and general cleanliness of vehicles.
- Completion of all logbooks, field level risk hazard assessments, time sheets, bill of ladings.
- Transport all goods including equipment, freight, specialized mill parts, septic and more safely and securely.
- Proper inspection of load securement and loads. Ensuring that all loads are not over capacity and secured properly.
- Responsible for collection of, transport of and disposal of sewage and site waste.
- Maneuverability of truck and or truck and trailer in tight spots and in poor weather conditions.
- Reporting of all defects, incidents and accidents and violations of law.
- Perform other duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of Class 1 Drivers’ License with clean driver’s abstract.
- Minimum five (5) years hauling experience in a similar position utilizing equipment specific to operations.
- Winch truck, Vacuum Truck and Off Highway operating experience is considered an asset.
- Equipment hauling and camp hauling experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and logbooks.
- Strong knowledge of hazardous goods and handling.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Ability to operate under pressure and in severe weather conditions.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to trouble shoot in field.
- Able to read, understand, and follow safety procedures & policies.
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to adhere to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Work at remote location (camp) on 13 days on, 13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.