Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Bulk Gravity Lab Technician to join our Mill Operations team located at the Brucejack Mine.
The BGL Technician’s primary responsibility is to operate the Bulk Gravity lab which has been designed to prepare samples and process them through a lab scaled gravity circuit to improve the accuracy of our grade control activities.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- The BGL Technician collects and prepares ore and concentrate samples for analysis
- Using laboratory apparatus and testing equipment, the BGL Technician tests and analyzes samples to determine their content and characteristics
- Working as part of a crew, the BGL Technician assembles, operates and maintains field and laboratory mechanical and testing equipment
- Maintains clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures.
- Collects, compiles and records data and test results on all electrical and mechanical equipment and devices
- Adjusts and repairs testing, electrical, and mechanical equipment and devices as required.
- Using applicable measuring devices, inspects equipment for wear and identifies maintenance requirements and/or replacement of defective parts
- Using relevant computer software applications plots collected data and information for retrieval and generation of reports
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to safety, health, community and environmental protection in keeping with Newcrest’s goals and objectives
- Perform other related duties as required
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Laboratory setting and an understanding of good Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles an asset.
- Strong communication, leadership, planning, time management organizational skills
- Attention to detail and adherence to outlined processing procedures
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Ability to record and maintain daily records
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Cross cultural awareness of the differences in cultural and economic backgrounds
- Ability to work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/12 days off/2 days travel
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!