At Central Mountain Air, we pride ourselves in providing vital air connectivity to remote communities nestled within the stunning landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and exceptional customer service is at the core of everything we do. Join our dedicated team and become an integral part of bringing people together and fostering economic growth in these unique regions.
We are currently seeking a full-time Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Apprentice to join our team at our Vancouver, BC Base. Reporting to the Engineer Lead Hand and/or ACA who assigns then tasks the Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer works in a supervised environment and performs aircraft maintenance, repair, inspection, and modification as suitable to their level of experience.
- Assist with planned and unplanned maintenance tasks as assigned by the Lead Hand or Engineer
- Perform regular systems inspections; maintain systems and equipment; use gauges and diagnostic tests to detect malfunctions; repair or replace broken aircraft parts
- Ensure that the work performed is carried out in accordance with approved data and manufacturers’ instructions
- Ensure the company MCM is adhered to
- Report defects which may require the submittal of a Service Difficulty Report (SDR) to their supervisor
- Ensure paperwork is fully and accurately completed in accordance with the standards set out in MCP 5 Technical Records
- Assist with general maintenance and servicing of hanger equipment and facilities
- Ensure the hanger and work area is maintained in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
- Comply with all company safety policies, processes, and standards
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Aircraft Maintenance schooling/diploma completed
- Ability to legally work in Canada
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Restricted Airport Identification Card (RAIC)
- Safety orientated
- Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent travel perks within the Central Mountain Air network for employees, their eligible family members, and their buddies
- Travel perks for retirees and their eligible spouses
- Standby travel for employees and eligible family members on other airlines around the world
- Additionally, employees are eligible for discounts with various hotels and agencies that offer cruises and all-inclusive holidays
- Free cargo shipping for employees on CMA flights
At Central Mountain Air We Offer:
- Group Retirement RRSP contribution matching program
- Full health benefits package consisting of extended health, dental, short-term disability, long term disability, life insurance and travel emergency medical insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Corporate rates with Good Life Fitness
- Competitive sick and personal leave benefits
Central Mountain Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Our requirement is that you have the skills and abilities to do the job and the attitude of a team player. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and disability.
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position and base in the subject line.
Central Mountain Air thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.