Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
We are now recruiting for an Advanced Care Paramedic with a competitive wage of $53 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity.
The Advanced Care Paramedic provides onsite emergency medical services, tending to both urgent, and non-urgent medical needs. Responsibilities include the use of skills and expertise to provide emergency response, medical assessment, primary health care, injury prevention, health promotion, and coordinate emergency medical evacuations as needed. exercise independence, judgment and initiative by logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems that arise on site.
The ACP's general duties shall include but not be limited to:
- Respond to and provide care for trauma cases.
- Stabilize patients for transport to the Newmont Clinic(s) or offsite care providers.
- Travel with patients to higher care facilities on an as needed basis. This may include ground or air transport.
- Provide any assistance to the RNC.
- Assess patients prior to dispensing OTC medications.
- Work with the site emergency response team
- On-call and extended hours may be required after hours when operational and business requirements indicate
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Valid ACP certification in BC
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Experience in an industrial setting
- A high level of knowledge and the ability to interpret medical/operational/protocols/policies and procedures.
- Intubation and Chest tube insertion endorsement
- ITLS and ACLS
- 7-10 years of experience
- Air transport experience
- Work at remote location (camp) on 13 days on, 12 days off schedule
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.