Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have a number of temporary employment opportunities for a Heavy Equipment Operator in our winter 2022 seasonal Snow Removal Team supporting the success of the Surface Operations Team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The purpose of the position is to support surface, underground operations and construction projects to ensure operations and development of the mine site and underground continue to operate and are developed and maintained in the highest safe and effective manner.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, rock trucks, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and operations activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload cargo using rigging practices, forks and fork lifts and the ability to assess loads and read load limit charts
- Complete safe work tasks, JHAs, FLRHA
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment
- Prepare working area and adhere to all job safety requirements prior to starting work, keeping work site safe and free of hazards when possible
- Set up and inspect equipment prior to use
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance on equipment being operated
- Participate in any other site specific training
- Perform other related duties as required
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Experience in more than one piece of equipment
- Previous experience with project specific equipment
- Previous camp experience an asset
- Some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training are required.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS)
- TDG – transportation of dangerous goods
- Internal company certification or sign off may be required
- Ability to work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!