Technical Director – Hydrogeology
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.
- Play a key role in growing our business in Canada
- Provide senior technical expertise and leadership on major, multimillion-dollar projects
- Chance to have an impact with a rapidly growing team of water resource specialists delivering project work within Canada and globally
- Work out of our dynamic and vibrant downtown Vancouver, Calgary, or Toronto offices with the flexibility of working remotely/from home
We want to do great things; we need your help
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, and social consulting services with offices in over 40 countries. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing. The breadth of experience over our 50-year history means we have an extraordinary track record and excel at taking on complex and challenging projects.
In Canada, our clients are primarily in the mining and oil & gas sectors, and we support water management through all phases of the project life cycle. We are currently engaged in exciting, transformative projects with major clients. Your work will contribute directly to the success of these, and other projects.
As a Senior Hydrogeologist with leadership experience, you will collaborate with and help lead a multidisciplinary team (hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, and aquatics), to focus on integrating these functions to provide value to our clients. This is an opportunity to utilize your established relationships with companies, along with your technical expertise leading water-related environmental assessment and permitting for large-scale capital projects and to support the design and implementation of field investigations and modelling studies. In addition to technical execution, you will embrace the challenge of being a main technical point of contact for our clients. You will serve as a representative of our company, and play a key role building our business and winning new projects. Your big-picture understanding of our business, and ability to build strong client relationships based on trust and mutual benefit will be critical.
- Be the lead hydrogeologist responsible for technical design and execution of project work related to environmental assessment and permitting for large-scale capital projects.
- Delegate work and serve as senior technical reviewer to ensure deliverables achieve client expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Provide leadership and expertise to expand our integrated water management services to our client base in Canada. Serve as a key member of the “core” technical team to drive growth in the areas of environmental impact assessment, land planning, facility siting & permitting, risk assessment and water resources management.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation within the team.
- Capitalize on existing ERM client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development.
- Contribute to business development of ERM’s global impact assessment and planning service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients.
- Actively contribute to ERM’s international water resources technical community. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute projects. Participate on teams consisting of multi-disciplinary impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
Who you are:
- 15+ years of consulting experience in water resource management, impact assessment and permitting.
- MSc/PhD in earth science, environmental engineering or related field. Registered professional in a Canadian jurisdiction.
- Unquestionable integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Solid grasp of the key regulatory drivers within the mining sector, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise by an established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to environmental approvals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and inspired by the success of ERM as a global company.
Working with ERM
ERM has been delivering outstanding client services in Canada for over 35 years. We have over 150 employees across Canada. All of our achievements would have been impossible without our exceptional staff.
Our people are the heart of our business and we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community. Here are just a few examples of how we take care of our people:
- Career mapping tools and resources to help you decide how you want to grow your career
- ERM Academy training programs backed up by mentoring and coaching
- Technical communities and Yammer engagement to help you interact with any ERMer globally
- Tuition assistance and reimbursement for relevant conferences, seminars, professional memberships and designations
Recognition Programs & Financial Benefits
- Annual bonus to eligible employees, and awards for going above and beyond
- ER supported retirement savings with our Group RRSP
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks
- Parental leave top-up
Top-notch Medical and Wellbeing Benefits
- Extended medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Best Doctors Program
- Exciting client events
- Fun social events organized by our Social Activities Committee
Get involved in supporting organizations around the globe by collaborating with ERM’s international teams or through the efforts of the ERM Foundation.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.