Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social, and sustainability consulting services. We are currently seeking an entry-level Environmental GIS Specialist in one of our western Canadian offices in Vancouver, BC, Smithers, BC, or Calgary, AB.
The ideal candidate is an organized professional with self-initiative, a positive team attitude, technical aptitude, creativity and flexibility to help our global business deliver to our demanding clients. The successful candidate will be confident, solution-oriented, and able to communicate efficiently with technical professionals. Strong verbal and written communication skills are therefore essential for success in this role. This is a full-time, permanent position.
• Develop high-quality maps and figures for use in technical reports and public engagement.
• Responsibly maintain complex spatial databases.
• Prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively with the GIS team to coordinate tasks and balance workloads.
• Design bespoke cartographic or technical mapping solutions for internal clients based on assessments of requirements.
• Conduct fieldwork with ERM teams in all regions of Canada when needed.
- Specialized diploma or training in Geographic Information Systems and/or geomatics. A Bachelor of Science degree is an asset.
- Proficiency with the full ESRI suite of GIS software, including ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Demonstrated skills in cartography and database management.
- Positive, professional and team-oriented attitude with meticulous attention to quality and detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to meet project requirements with work occurring outside of business hours from time-to-time.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, juggling multiple deadlines and to manage time effectively.
- Strong commitment to safety culture and demonstrated ability to follow health and safety procedures.
- Available and willing to travel and conduct fieldwork in remote locations across Canada. Must possess valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power solutions such as Power Automate and PowerBI.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational database management systems.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a team member, supporting team members with work commitments.
- French or Spanish language skills an asset.
- Experience in the natural resource extraction industry.
- Experience with ATVs, boats and 4×4 vehicles.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.