Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
This position is located at the Pretium Resources Inc., a member of the Newcrest group of Companies, (the “Company”) Brucejack Mine Site. The Site Human Resources Business Partner reports to the Site Human Resources Supervisor or designate.
The Site Human Resources Business Partner supports the Brucejack Mine by engaging in activities related to core Human Resources policies, procedures and programs including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, workforce planning, full-cycle recruitment and other key functions of human resources.
This position works directly with all members of the site and regional human resources teams, employees, site supervisors, mine management and the Brucejack Mine General Manager to ensure the timely execution of related HR activities, duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities are handled in a safe and efficient manner.
This position is mainly based at Knipple Camp situated at the base of the mountain, to primarily support the Lower Camps & Access Roads operation and dependent on operational demands, it may be required to be situated at another camp within the Brucejack Mine Site.
This fast-paced role calls for an energetic, dynamic and highly organized professional to perform the duties and responsibilities with safety being the number one priority:
- Partner with leadership teams to provide proactive strategic HR support, coaching and guidance related human resources programs and activities to achieve Brucejack Mine’s corporate objectives, to build engaged high performing teams, as well as a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Support leadership teams in building an organizational culture based on trust, openness, and accountability that is in alignment with Newcrest’s values; as well as, developing and fostering strong relationships with employees and leaders to create influence and nurture trust.
- Partner with leadership teams to manage employee performance, conflict management, complex employee relations, as well as, conducting workplace investigations.
- In consultation with group Remuneration & Rewards team, determine program remuneration levels and associated compensation for new-hire and internal employee life cycle changes.
- Making recommendations regarding Brucejack’s internal compensation and work level structure when completing a new hire or promotion.
- In collaboration with the site-HR leadership team and Regional HR team, support the delivery of the annual HR People Plan and strategy.
- Partner with Recruitment and leadership teams to identify, develop and deliver people-related strategies to enhance the seasonal new-hire programs.
- Lead the creation, development and delivery of HR-related training programs in order to enhance employee and leader capabilities, team cohesion and organizational effectiveness (i.e., training for Supervisors, new-hire onboarding, team building sessions).
- Support the delivery and execution of annual HR-related programs including Performance & Pay Cycle, Remuneration, Talent Management, Succession Planning, and Change Management.
- Lead change management efforts related to integration of new HR tools and processes.
- Proactively support and deliver on Newcrest’s diversity and inclusion programs.
- Manage the leave-management program, including general leaves, non-occupational leaves and return to work programs.
- As required, assist with the day-to-day administration, processing and maintenance of human resources programs and services. This may include data entry, tracking systems, record keeping, compiling data and processing transactions in any of the HR-program areas.
- Maintain ongoing communication with site and regional HR teams, specifically focusing on timely and efficient communication with cross-shift HR Advisor(s).
- Performs additional special HR projects as assigned; and
- Other HR activities to support the success of the Brucejack Mine.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resource Management or a related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in complex employee relation matters, conducting investigations and managing non-occupational leave of absences.
- Previous experience in mining or a related industry is an asset, as well as a remote/FIFO environment.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) or working towards the designation is an asset.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of HR principles, policies & procedures, and strong understanding of Employment Standards Act and other related employment legislation.
- Basic understanding of payroll fundamentals.
- Cross-cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Expert Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate payroll / HR concepts, policies and processes to employees.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Strong team player and able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Sound presentation, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Direct experience working with a Human Resources Information System, such as SAP or JD Edwards.
- Able to work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation plus 2 travel days.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Be able to maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to pass a criminal record check.
- Pretium promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory,
- pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!