his is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced bilingual (French/English) Senior Project Manager looking to advance their career with a global sustainability leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's purpose to shape a sustainable future with the world’s leading organizations.
We are doing great things; we need your help
As an experienced Project Manager you will lead an exciting portfolio of projects focused on sustainable development. You will be equipped to lead multi-disciplinary teams deliver regulatory and permitting projects, impact assessments, Indigenous and public engagement, capacity-building and monitoring programs, for our mining, energy and government clients. This is an opportunity to drive success for our teams and our clients as we help operationalize sustainability in some of the most unique regions of the world.
You will have proven capabilities in project management, be well-organized with great attention to detail. You will serve as a representative of our company, and play a key role building our business through quality delivery and client focus. Your big-picture understanding of our business, alignment with our values and ability to build and maintain strong team and client relationships based on trust and collaboration will be critical.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as project manager on multiple projects, providing leadership, expertise and direction to achieve expectations on delivery of scope, budget, schedule, team resources and quality. According to our governance structure, you will work with a Partner in Charge who is ultimately accountable for the project, and depending on the nature of the project, you may also be supported by an Assistant PM.
- Through leadership of multi-disciplinary teams, drive the timely preparation and delivery of environmental, social, economic, heritage, health impact assessments, permit applications and associated management plans, and public and Indigenous engagement programs, technical risk reviews, for a variety of clients.
- Lead by example through a strong commitment to safety, including following established health and safety protocols for office and field-based tasks.
- Contribute to business development primarily through high-quality delivery, but also by preparing effective proposals, including development of scopes and cost estimates, and take an active leadership role in defining new workplans with new and existing clients.
- Manage project risks to achieve predicable outcomes and ensure that risk mitigation is considered in Project execution by the Project Team
- Lead, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of the project teams.
- Actively contribute to ERM’s project management technical community and collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute projects.
Who you are:
- BSc or MSc in Sciences, Social Performance, Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in relevant field such as consulting, impact assessment and permitting, with the mining industry and/or government agencies.
- High degree of project management competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Fluent in French and English (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated experience working with the provincial and federal regulatory agencies, Indigenous organizations, and/or the public. Understanding of key drivers within the mining and energy sectors is an asset.
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills; unquestionable integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor collaborative teams, demonstrate ERM values and be a safety ambassador.
- Ability to rise to the challenge in during busy periods, managing diverse internal and external stakeholders, and becoming energized by a vibrant team of colleagues based across the country and the globe doing amazing things.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/maintain relationships with clients and project teams.
- Excellent communication, time management, team building, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with project management approaches/tools such as with MS Project.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!