ERM is seeking a motivated Principal Environmental Consultant, Capital Project Delivery and Mine Closure Planning to join our Mining team at one of our offices across Canada. This is an opportunity to utilize your established relationships with companies and consulting experience to provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and strong project management. An interest in applying existing knowledge and expertise to solve complex challenges in the Mining sector is critical. As a senior leader, you will serve as a representative of our company, and play a key role in building our business and providing leadership to projects for mine closure planning, capital project development, and project permitting and approvals, while networking with ERM's global Mining team to share best practices across the industry. This is a fixed term (6 month), casual opportunity for a senior-level professional.
- Provide technical expertise for closure and reclamation planning at all stages of the mine life.
- Lead a wide variety of mining projects related to capital project development, environmental assessments and permitting, as well as the development of associated management plans. Expected project delivery activities include report writing, data and literature review, and development of recommendations for clients.
- Provide oversight and quality control for data collection, management, reduction and analysis.
- Be accountable to ensure deliverables achieve client expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of ERM national and global practitioners to execute projects and to deepen relationships with ERM key clients to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the global Mining market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development support).
- Mentor junior-level and mid-level consulting staff to develop their skill sets including technical skills, project experience, and general consulting and decision-making skills.
- When required, assume responsibility for project management, including task delegation and direction, subcontractor management, health & safety protocol management, monitoring of commercial performance, quality review of deliverables, and interaction with clients.
- Drive business development of ERM’s global Mining service area. Support development of new opportunities, including preparation of technical proposals and cost estimates.
- Bachelors in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline; professional registration (e.g., P.Eng, P.Geo, or P.Ag.) would be an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant mining experience, including industry experience working as an environmental coordinator or related position for a mining company to understand operational needs.
- Expertise in mine closure planning, in particular the development of strategic closure goals, closure objectives and associated criteria, and mine closure costing.
- Experience supporting the mine closure planning, environmental approval and permitting process on owner’s teams for capital projects (i.e., new mines or expansions).
- Strong knowledge of project management and experience working as part of an integrated team of consultants and engineering companies to develop pre-feasibility and feasibility level studies considered an asset.
- Experience conducting third-party reviews against industry best practices, regulatory requirements and corporate standards.
- Experience developing and implementing environmental management programs (e.g., for tailings, waste rock, water quality, air quality and/or hazardous waste management), for projects in various stages of mine life (e.g. construction, operations, and/or closure)
- Strong project management skills (e.g., development of work plans, budgets, schedules, and project controls).
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Additional language skills (e.g., French and Spanish) are an asset.
- Experience working within British Columbia and Northwest Territories mine closure and environmental regulatory frameworks an asset.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.