ERM is seeking a Principal Consultant to join our Canada team with a focus on social performance, stakeholder/Indigenous engagement, and/or strategic communications. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership with regard to one or more of these practice areas. They will be responsive and adaptable to rapidly evolving legal, regulatory and social expectations to advise clients and secure timely approvals for natural resource projects in Canada. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Provide technical expertise, leadership and project management for a wide variety of projects related to mining, oil and gas, power, renewables, and other sectors. Expected project delivery activities may relate to public and Indigenous engagement programs; impact assessments; strategy development and implementation; report writing and review/editing; development of recommendations for clients.
- Mentor junior- and mid-level consulting staff to support development of their skill sets including technical skills, project experience, and general consulting and decision-making skills.
- Contribute to proposals and business development, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates in accordance with ERM’s policies and processes.
- Maintain client relationships to support new and repeat business.
- Work with other global ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients to expand ERM’s profile and market share through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree in international development, economics, social science, law, geography, public health, public policy, political science, resource management, anthropology or a similar degree. Masters degree (or higher) is an asset.
- 12+ years of progressively responsible experience including project management and oversight of team-based projects. Experience in a consulting role is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Fluency in English is required. Working ability (speaking and writing) in other languages (especially French or Spanish) is an asset.
- Versatile, responsive, and results-oriented, with strong critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication and technical writing skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and complete deadline-driven tasks as well as flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines. Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed teambuilding skills and demonstrated experience working with a diverse team including mentorship and/or line management of more junior staff.
- Ability to present information to clients, stakeholders, Indigenous communities, and colleagues in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges and recognize commercial opportunities.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established health and safety protocols
- Willing and able to travel domestically and, if required, internationally.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.