Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Camp Maintenance Worker to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
This position is located within Site Maintenance Department and reports to the Camp Maintenance Supervisor or designates.
The Camp Maintenance Worker will ensure all buildings and equipment related to the building are in safe and working order. The position also ensures compliance with all Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
Preform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Use and Maintenance of hand tools, Power tools, cutting tools and measuring tools.
- Identifying Carpentry materials (Molding and Casings, Base boards, Door frames, dimensional lumber sizes and types, Plywood sizes and types, Flooring types, Drywall sizes and types
- Repair and Maintain Stairs, Landings and Decks.
- Repair and replace Windows and Doors.
- Repair and replace Counter tops and Cabinets.
- Repair and replace Base Boards, Casings, and molding.
- Repair and replace drywall.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include but are not limited to:
- Minimum of two years' experience in a similar position
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS)
- TDG – transportation of dangerous goods
- Some internal company training may be required upon being hired.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation, and 2 travel days
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!