Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021, has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse & Parts Technician to join our Supply Chain team located at the Brucejack Mine.
This position provides Supply Chain support to Operations and Maintenance departments to ensure the timely delivery of parts and materials required to support production at Brucejack mine site.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Manages the delivery of required parts and materials in accordance with a planned schedule and requested delivery.
- Maintains a high-level participation in shutdown maintenance ensuring the flow of goods and / or materials as required.
- Ensure all materials and resources are shipped & received safely, accurately and accounted for through proper delivery and storage practices, and procedures.
- Manage the movement of orders of material and equipment from Smithers or other off-site locations to meet project requirements.
- Monitoring of bulk commodity levels, taking dips and communicating results with various departments – Fuel & Propane.
- Monitor inventory at various locations within Brucejack warehouse and laydown areas.
- Arrange the movement of material (Inventory and Non-Stock) between various locations in and around site.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, end users and contractors.
- Keep accurate records – inventory control, cycle counts, inventory transactions, auditing & reporting.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department / person.
- Complete any site-based reports required from Safety, Environment in conjunction with the Warehouse Operations Superintendent or designate.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports for inventory, freight management, bulk products etc.
- Responsible for Safely following instructions from Departmental Leadership ensuring operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system and related equipment; ensure inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse in accordance with all established business policies, procedures, and process compliance SOPs.
- Adhere to and participate in Safety and Health Management Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Correct issuance of inventory items from over-the-counter requests, ensure issue slips are properly filled out, coded, and entered in JD Edwards on a timely basis.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the overall success of the Brucejack Mine.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Red Seal Parts person / Industrial Warehousing qualification is required.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 plus 1-2 years of relevant post-secondary qualifications combined with front line experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, and customer relations is required.
- 1-2 years of experience coordinating the flow of merchandise and materials in a fast-paced industrial warehouse/inventory environment.
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office and filing systems.
- Excellent communication and radio skills, able to read, write and speak English.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work in a changing environment.
- Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages, specifically JDE.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to investigate inventory discrepancies, variances and problem solve.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on workload, resource availability and business priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with computers, particularly database management
- Time management skills and decision-making skills.
- Exhibits honest and ethical behavior, being careful to detail and be thorough in completing work tasks.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and SOP’s.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills, decision-making skills, and stress management skills
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Able to work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 day off rotation.
- Successfully complete all pre-employment medical screenings
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!