Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
Purpose of the Role:
The core purpose of this role is to:
- Ensuring compliance with all safety, quality, schedule, budget and security requirements
- Ensure safe, reliable and effective operation & maintenance of electrical sytems and instrumentation devices site wide
- Provide direction to supervisors, electrical & instrumentation personnel in the daily operations of the mill and mine
- Guide, coach & mentor direct reports
- Track and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee training, supervision, evaluation and provide leadership for the department
- Supervise preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Provide instrumentation and electrical support to maintenance, production & engineering teams
- Support Asset Management Best Practice
- Identify and manage improvement projects
- Act as the site Subject Matter Expert in electrical and instrumentation systems (DCS,PLC)
- Assist in authoring and review of electrical and instrumentation maintenance procedures
We are seeking an individual for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.