Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
- Provide supervision to the Electrical Infrastructure Journeyperson Electricians in E&OT
- Provide superior leadership to planning and scheduling aspect as appropriate for construction activities
- Ensure compliance with all safety, quality, schedule, budget and security requirements
- Effectively report to the Superintendent, and Manager when appropriate, and to cross shift
- Take direction from electrical engineering staff
- Provide direction to supervisors and electrical personnel
- Guide, coach & mentor direct reports
- Track and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee training, supervision, evaluation and provide leadership for the department
- Supervise preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Provide instrumentation and electrical support to maintenance, production & engineering teams
- Support Asset Management Best Practice
- Identify and manage improvement projects
- Act as one of the site Subject Matter Experts in electrical systems
- Assist in authoring and review of electrical maintenance procedures
We are seeking an individual for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.