This position will directly report to the Environment Manager and the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of the various environmental programs that support Seabridge projects.
Key responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Assist in the oversight of baseline environmental programs including water quality, hydrology, geochemistry, fisheries and wildlife among others.
- Review contracts, work scope and budget management.
- Work and liaise with the compliance team, permitting team and environmental site supervisors.
- Monitor all work in progress during field execution.
- Review and compile annual reports, management plans and permit reports.
- Provide technical support and guidance for environmental programs.
- Participate in environmental projects as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in science, engineering, environmental or technical -related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mining or construction.
- Good organizational, advanced computer (Microsoft Office) skills, communication and organizational skills (including strong technical writing skills).
- Knowledge of British Columbia and Federal permitting and environmental standards is required.
- A willingness to research and learn a diverse field of scientific and traditional Indigenous knowledge is required.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking, able to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner with demonstrated safe work practices
This position will be based in Smithers, BC with travel requirements to the project sites or other offices periodically (less than 10% of position).
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the business and reach your full potential
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
Closing Date: February 10, 2023
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
Please apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.