ERM is seeking an Environmental and Social Data Management Leader in Canada. ERM is looking for a leader of our existing data management systems and the advancement and implementation of new systems in Canada. ERM’s data management framework uses technology to accelerate and streamline project delivery, working across the complete lifecycle of a project – from fieldwork planning, through data collection and storage, to interpretation, visualization and reporting. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, interested in a career involving analytical data management, database programming, or data science, and a natural leader. As the Environmental and Social Data Management Lead, you will lead a data management team to support large projects within Canada, across North America and worldwide.
- Act as the ERM Canada Data Manager. This role will include networking with other leaders across ERM Canada, North America and globally.
- Provide input, leadership, direction, and support to ERM’s Data Analysis and Visualization (DAV) team in Canada.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with ERM’s clients, employees, and subcontractors.
- Work with others in ERM’s DAV team to train ERM employees in modern data management tools and best practices.
- Implement and lead data management process improvements in Canada, including facilitating data management across projects and services, as well as across the Canadian business.
- Work with project teams to plan field campaigns, deliverable schedules, provide query/reporting support, and develop reporting dashboards.
- Integrate environmental data from laboratory, field, and historical sources using the most appropriate tools, which may include ERM’s EQuIS™ databases, Access, AGOL or other systems.
- Contribute to ERM’s DAV Technical Community as a regional leader, and build successful working relationships with ERM’s various Technical Communities to improve and develop data services.
- Act as the EQuIS Regional Coordinator (ERC), and participate in meetings with the ERC group, along with the global team.
- Provide support to the EQuIS Data Managers (EDMs), users, and clients in Canada and escalate issues to the global team that are not solvable locally, or are urgent in nature.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain SQL Server tables, queries, functions, views, and stored procedures to support ad-hoc user reporting requests and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with ERM’s global data mangers to expand ERM Canada’s capabilities to manage diverse environmental and social data sources.
- Develop new database business through ERM’s existing service lines.
- BSc/BA degree in a related field – a background in science and experience with databases is a plus.
- 10+ years of work experience in environmental data management with strong analytical/database skills, or clear aptitude for data science.
- Experience with Earthsoft’s EQuIS™ Enterprise, and EQuIS™ Alive and Edge modules.
- Experience with the following applications is preferred: Microsoft Access, Excel (intermediate to advance), SQL Server, and Sharepoint. Familiarity with ArcGIS and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Experience with dashboard tools (e.g., Power BI) is preferred.
- Experience working in consulting is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent people management and team building skills.
- Experience with client interaction and selling.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.