At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role – Driver/Operator MMU (Kamloops BC)
- Position based out of Kamloops BC
- Will be required to work at other sites as per business needs
- Monday to Friday schedule
Delivery Driver – explosive / Operator – MMU (Mobile Mixing Unit), ensuring production occurs on a timely basis, following all safety procedures and taking a pro-active teamwork approach focused on coordinating assigned machine operation and product handling functions.
What you will be doing
- Preventative maintenance, greasing schedule including focus parts and process to clean/change all filters.
- Demonstrated ability on lock out/tag out, safety systems and controls
- Ability to maneuver on the road and on customer property in a safe manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the inside of Orica vehicles at all times.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to quickly determine potential issues and problem solve accordingly.
- Requires thorough and meticulous completion of regulatory paperwork
- Reliable and dependable
Daily duties include:
- Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of vehicles, checking and filling fluid levels
- Loading explosives into company trucks and driving to different sites daily
- Assisting in laying out and loading of explosives
What you will bring
- High School degree or equivalent work experience with demonstrated ability to read and write the English.
- Valid Class 3 License, with Air, required
How you shape and influence others
* Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
* Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
* Solid interpersonal and communication skills
* Self-aware and open to feedback
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Productive without compromising quality
* Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.