Consultants at ERM lead and contribute to successful consulting engagements, support marketing and business management, and actively contribute to the internal growth and development of our team, our systems and our culture. Collaborating closely with Senior Consultants and Managers, Consultants typically focus on a particular ERM advisory service area but can adapt to support other areas when needed – versatility and cross-fertilization across business lines is an important factor underlying ERM’s success.
Our Consultant, Northern Mine Closure & Remediation Management will focus on projects for the Government of Canada and on mine closure/abandoned mines, but with opportunity to support a wide range of projects that target improved environmental, sustainability and/or socio-economic performance of natural resource management. You will be equipped to support risk management, work planning, strategic planning, reporting, and engagement. Your work is expected to contribute to client-focused strategic and work planning initiatives, stakeholder & rightsholder engagements, risk management, and Indigenous reconciliation.
The Consultant, Northern Mine Closure & Remediation Management is accountable for:
- Providing support for specific service offerings, including:
- Risk assessment of management risks and potentially technical (e.g., mine closure) risks
- Strategic planning and work planning
- Communication and reporting
- Stakeholder and rightsholder engagement
- Contributing to the successful completion of specific consulting engagements by:
- Conducting web-based research, literature reviews, and database searches
- Compiling, synthesizing and analyzing data and information
- Conducting consultation and information collection activities, including interviews and surveys
- Writing background materials and contributing to the preparation of reports, manuals, and procedures
- Creating figures, charts and tables for inclusion in reports and presentations
- Report proof-reading, formatting and preparation
- Preparing presentations
- Assisting with the planning of meetings and workshops
- Acting as a rapporteur and preparing minutes and reports from workshops and meetings
- Contributing to business development and marketing activities in the firm by activating your own network, extending this network over time, and preparing client proposals.
- Thinking critically and strategically, helping to influence the impact of our work and the outcomes for our clients.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
ERM offers a truly impactful work experience with opportunities to grow, lead and contribute to areas that matter to you.
- Your impact may be felt personally – leading a project from start to finish, or through working as part of a bright, dynamic team with a good work-life balance.
- You will impact the ability of ERM’s clients to deliver on their mandates. We work with a wide variety of organizations whose work can significantly enhance or impede sustainability and our collective pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Your work at ERM will help them shape and better fulfil their important visions.
If you have a passion for, and experience in nature resource management-focused projects, this is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking to collaborate with an expert consulting team on interesting projects. Our clients span a wide range of corporate, government and non-government clients— we help them achieve positive and tangible social, environmental, and economic impact. As a team, we are shaping a sustainable future with the world’s leading organizations.
Preferably you have education and experience relating to natural resource management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters level degree required in a discipline related to natural resource management, sustainability or environmental science
- At least 1-year’s work experience related to mining or mine closure (remediation/reclamation), preferably in a remote/Northern setting
- Additional work experience within the resource management, environmental, or sustainability space is an asset
- Previous consulting experience is highly desirable
- Government of Canada security clearance is highly desirable (Reliability or Secret); eligibility for security clearance is required
- Collaborate naturally, are dependable and flexible
- Demonstrate a positive, confident approach when working with others
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and keen interest and ability to learn new skills and knowledge, applying and integrating on an ongoing basis
Your skills include:
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking capability, able to collect and synthesize large amounts of information and discern what is important
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (in speaking and writing), as evidenced by clear and respectful communications with colleagues and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for different audiences
- Proven record of effective time management and ability to meet deadlines
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.