Class 1 Truck Driver – Copper Ore Haul – Stewart
In Business since 1919 and still growing, Arrow is a leader in bulk commodity hauling, reload operations, freight management, logistics, consulting, and technology with operations throughout Canada and the U.S.
We are looking for professional truck drivers to join us and become part of our Arrow family. We offer accommodations, fly in and out, daily travel and food allowance in a beautiful and welcoming northern B.C. community. For more information please visit: stewart.arrow.ca
Great people work here!
- Competitive Pay: $471 – $558 daily
- Pension: $3.00/hr or approximately $7,400 per year – 100% paid by Arrow
- Full benefits including dental, life insurance, pharmaceutical, vision care, chiropractor, massage, EAP, and more….- 100% paid by Arrow.
- Paid in truck orientation
- Year round work
- Local or camp work
- Free accommodations
- Travel and food allowance: up to $80 per day included in daily rate
- New equipment
- Direct deposit pay
Schedule: 5 days on shift 2 days reset (6th shifts are available based on hours of service, mine inventory and equipment availability).
Shift Rotation: 4 weeks in 1 week out, 2 weeks in 1 week out, 4 weeks in 2 weeks out.
Click Here for more information regarding Stewart as a place to live and work
For more information about Arrow and our current job opportunities check out: Arrow Careers – Arrow Transportation
As an Arrow driver, you will be hauling copper ore for our Red Chris Copper Ore Haul and/or our Pretium Bruce Jack Copper Ore Haul. You will travel on various highways and high mountain mining roads in and around the Stewart area.
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and Regulations.
- Perform pre and post and en route trip inspections on equipment operated, ensuring safety, roadworthiness and regulatory compliance.
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, load securement, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, and weights and dimensions.
- Record, Maintain and Check all relevant paperwork (i.e. bill of lading,) and documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Complete electronic logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status.
- Ensure that all customers, co-workers and the public are dealt with professionally and with respect.
- A positive attitude
- Class 1 truck driver’s license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- At least two job references
- B train experience is an asset
- Mountain driving experience is an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Good Career. Better Life!
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Join Our Talent Network, you will be notified about new job opportunities that match your interests and skills, company news and events.