Interested in a job with Bandstra Transportation?
We are a transportation and logistics company, providing dedicated LTL & TL, van and deck service across Western Canada. With more than 65 years of service, we have developed a well-known and solid reputation for providing unparalleled service to our customers. With the experience that comes from servicing everything from the largest mines and manufacturers to the smallest local business, our team is equipped to handle almost any transportation project.
Our people are the key to our success! This is why we have been recognized by Trucking HR Canada as a Top Fleet Employer. From the clerk to the President, each person plays an important role in the overall supply chain, ensuring our customers receive their goods in the time frame they expect. We have a strong commitment to safety, as verified by our COR certification. We operate new equipment, which is continually maintained to the highest standard.
Join our team today – apply now!
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced Class 1 Highway Driver for our Smithers, BC operations.
The successful applicant will be expected to perform linehaul from Smithers, BC to different locations in BC. The successful applicant will be required to perform the standard responsibilities with driving commercial vehicles (pre-trip inspection, maintain hours of service log, general paperwork, and more).
- Full benefits (medical & dental)
- Matching RRSP
- Union Representation
In order to be qualified, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Valid Class 1 license
- Minimum of 24 months or 150,000 km of driving experience with articulated vehicles
- Driver's abstract must show no driving-related criminal code convictions in the prior 36 months; no more than 2 moving violations in the prior 12 months; and no more than 3 moving violations in the prior 36 months. The date of conviction and the current date will be the date used to determine time periods
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Proficient in English (both reading and writing)
Remit your resume and ‘N’ type driver’s abstract to be considered.
Bandstra is always looking for talented individuals who thrive in challenging environments. If you feel that you are the right person for this job, please respond to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. #DR123
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Smithers, BC V0J 2N0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- commercial driving: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 1 License (preferred)