Title: Canadian Corporate Assurance Lead
Canadian Corporate Assurance Lead: GHG Verification and Sustainability Report assurance (ERM CVS)
ERM Certification and Verification Services is a global provider of independent third-party certification, verification, and assurance services.
Due to rapid growth in our business, resulting from an increased corporate focus on climate changes and the broader sustainability agenda, we have an urgent need for an experienced Project Manager for GHG/EHS data verification and Sustainability Report assurance projects.
The ideal candidate will manage a range of EHS/GHG data verification and Sustainability Report assurance engagements across the globe.
ERM CVS, part of ERM Group with offices in 40 countries and more than 6,000 sustainability professionals, is dedicated to providing its clients with a quality, value added service. Our global corporate assurance team is led from our North American office. We are supported by the wider ERM Group network, and often use local verification staff drawn from ERM regional offices.
- To manage the delivery of global GHG/EHS data verification and report assurance engagements in, ensuring that ERM CVS maintains and advances its reputation as a provider of high-quality sustainability assurance services.
- To lead engagement teams using ERM CVS methodologies and procedures based on ISAE3000 and/or ISO 14064:3.
- To manage the scope, schedule, and project budgets, including proposal development, updating of internal budget tracking tools, and invoicing of multiple complex projects.
- To contribute to the overall development of ERM CVS’ corporate sustainability assurance services through development of client relationships, and internal ERM relationships.
- To support the recruitment, development, and training of staff as the business develops
- Manage a team of assurance professionals including coaching, development opportunities and performance reviews.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
Travel is typically required (between 20 – 30% mainly short 2–3-day trips concentrated in calendar first quarter), sometimes at short notice.
MUST HAVE SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be Degree/Masters qualified and have the following:
- Practical application of assurance standards for assuring non-financial data and sustainability reporting including ISAE3000, PCAOB AT101 and AA1000AS (knowledge of ISAE3410 or ISO14064:3 for GHG assurance an advantage)
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management professional – PIEMA
- Environmental studies (such as chemistry, biology, or environmental sciences)
- Application of GHG foot printing and reporting, using the WBCSD/WRI GHG Protocol, including knowledge of product carbon foot printing and advanced knowledge of Scope 3 GHG emissions accounting and supply chain climate-related management.
- Conversational knowledge of developments in the key areas of Climate Change and GHG reporting such as TCFD, Climate Bonds, COP24 and state level GHG reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting standards and guidelines including the GRI Standards and SASB.
- Understanding of verification and auditing procedures and documentation
- A broad knowledge and interest in global environmental and social issues and the challenges faced by business and society
- A willingness to learn and enthusiasm to contribute to our business
- Commercial acumen and the ability to develop proposals, negotiate, and develop contacts with clients
- Demonstrable strong task management, writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills
- Moderate to strong ability with Microsoft Excel (or similar)
- At least 5+ years’ professional experience, including preferably 3 years in third party attestation (financial or sustainability data auditing/verification), sustainability reporting and assurance.
- UN PRB assurance
- assurance, assurance readiness and advisory services
- knowledge of PCAF
Location of work: Toronto
Language of work: English
Salary range: $180,000 – $200,000 per year
Benefits: Extended health, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, RRSP matching program
120 – Adelaide Street West, Suite 2010
Toronto, ON, M5H 1T1
Contact information: email@example.com
If you would thrive in a challenging environment, are committed to excellence, enthusiastic with high energy levels and enjoy travel, then we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you.
Please apply with your latest resumé and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.