Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly-owned operations include the Palmarejo silver-gold complex in Mexico, the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company owns the La Preciosa project in Mexico, a silver-gold exploration stage project. Coeur also conducts numerous exploration activities in North and South America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The Coeur Silvertip mine located in British Columbia, just 10 miles south of the Yukon border is seeking a Buyer/Inventory Control to work in a camp-based environment rotating on 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off schedule.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, change, working in a remote location and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you!
The Buyer will provide purchasing support within the Purchasing & Procurement department reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
- Coordinate the purchase of goods and supplies required for the operation following purchasing process including purchase orders, product pricing/requests for quotations, order reconciliations, etc.
- Have an understanding in contract management services with internal and external service providers.
- Ensure warehousing functions effectively service the operation.
- Work directly, help coordinate and coach the activities of employees engaged in the warehousing processes.
- Ensure employees are trained and experienced for assigned tasks.
- Ensure employees perform pre-operational checks, operate equipment, and perform all job functions according to Safe Operating Procedures.
- Monitor equipment and processes, conduct and direct trouble shooting activities when problems arise.
- Ensure all reporting is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of Maintenance working cohesively with planner and supervisors.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a purchasing role.
- Experience in tendering and awarding service contracts.
- Purchasing negotiations skills.
- Mining industry experience desired.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong problem-solving, teamwork and ability to develop and foster strong working relationships.
At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet, DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans, and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork. To become a part of our team and to work together to tackle challenges head-on apply www.coeur.com/company/careers for this position.