Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have a number of temporary employment opportunities for a Surface Labourer in our winter seasonal snow removal team supporting the success of the Surface Operations team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia. Please not this opportunity is available to those in Northwestern BC.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Waste rock removal stacking operations and general laboring
- Site clean-up including: garbage pick-up and general cleanup
- Load and unload materials and move materials to designated work areas
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters and other construction and site activities
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove and dispose of rubble and other mine debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Participate in any other site specific training
- Perform other related duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
The ideal candidate for this role, has completed a High school diploma or GED. Candidates with relevant general labor work experience in an industrial or mining environment and a valid Class 5 Drivers' License are preferred. Previous experience operating light equipment is also considered an asset.
- Physically fit, able to lift 50lbs
- Be able to follow all safe work practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work long shifts outside in variable mountain weather conditions
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) is considered an asset
- TDG – transportation of dangerous goods is considered an asset
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Be able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!