Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have a number of temporary employment opportunities for a Light Equipment Operator in our winter seasonal snow removal team supporting the success of the Surface Operations team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Operating light equipment such but not limited to bobcat, skid steer, crew trucks, small excavators or other light vehicles in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials, and supplies and the ability to assess loads and read load limit charts
- Complete safe work tasks such as Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) and (Field-Level Risk and Hazard Assessment) FLRHA
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Conduct pre- and post-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill the equipment as necessary
- Prepare the working area and adhere to all job safety requirements prior to starting work, keeping work site safe and free of hazards when possible
- Set up and inspect the equipment prior to use and report any safety concerns in a timely manner
- Participate in any other site-specific training as required by campsite managers
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture
- Attend daily safety meetings and inspections
- Perform other related duties as required
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and well-being of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years experience as a light equipment operator or equivalent experience
- Must be physically fit with the ability to perform physical labour
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks, adhere to timelines and meet deadlines
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS)
- Experience working in a remote mining camp site an asset
- First Aid/Mine Rescue Training is considered an asset
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions for an extended period of time
- Ability to sit for a prolonged period of time, up to 12 hours at times
- Ability to effectively communicate with others to ensure the timely completion of tasks in a safe manner
- Ability to follow instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to handle various light machinery in a safe and controlled manner
- Ability to work in an ever-changing work environment with competing deadlines
- Ability to operate various light equipment types of machinery and maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to operate in a noisy, dusty environment for a prolonged period of time
- Work at a remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able to maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!